What We Believe
“Prayerfully proclaiming the crucified Christ as Lord of all, we evangelise, teach, train and send each other,
as God’s servants into all the world.”
We are a group of people who have one thing in common – we love Jesus because of what he’s done for us, and we want to honour him as our Saviour, Lord and God.
We believe that the Bible is God’s Word to us and that the Holy Spirit shapes our lives as we study it. If you like labels, you might say we’re reformed and evangelical.
In case you’re wondering, here are some of the fundamental Christian beliefs which we uphold:
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of humanity since the fall, rendering men and women subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- The conception of Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit and his birth by the Virgin Mary.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only though the sacrificial death, as our representative and substitute, of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective in the individual sinner, granting him or her repentance towards God, and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
If you want to learn more, or ask questions – come along to meet us at church have a chat!
Christianity in a Nutshell…
We believe that God is the loving ruler of the world, who made the world and made us.
But we have all rejected God and deserve death and judgement.
Despite our rebellion against him, God sent his son Jesus into the world.
By dying in our place, Jesus willingly suffered the punishment that we deserve.
And Jesus did not remain dead, God raised him to life again, and soon he will return to judge the world.
So now “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.” John 3:36
Here at FOCUS, we want you to hear the good news of forgiveness in Jesus’ name. If you hear this good news, entrust your life to Jesus as your saviour, and submit to him as your king, then you are forgiven by God and have received the gift of eternal life. But if you continue to reject God and Jesus, you are condemned by God and will face death and judgement.
Want to learn more?
We look forward to meeting you and helping you to come to know who Jesus is and answer any questions you may have.